Monday, November 23, 2015

Possibility


   My little princess Brooke almost always has a book in her hand, or right in front of her nose. Brooke has read the whole Harry Potter series, Percy Jackson series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Peter Pan and the Starcatchers series, Lemony Snicket Series, Little House on the Prairie series and more.... and multiple times! When the Friend Magazine comes to the house the whole thing is read by Brooke within twenty-min, and I don't even have time to sit down and read it with her before she's let it all sink in on her own....

When I catch Brooke playing with her dolls and pretending I bask in delight. It calms me that she isn't as old as she acts most of the time, and that she is still my little princess, no matter how deep and intellectual she becomes!

I couldn't believe it when Brooke told me that she had a new favorite book. Grandpa Pack took her shopping for at the school book fair and Brooke was excited to get some new books! Brooke has been talking about and loving about Harry Potter everything for years and suddenly she has found a new favorite book!? I had to re-state her words to make sure I heard correct?

 She began reading me her favorite page in the book too fast for me to even understand her words.

Before I could get a word in she told me, " I really like to try and comprehend what the author was thinking we should think of while we read this." I think Brooke likes to " Ponderize" like me!

When I re-read the page through her eyes, I could see why she loved the book. It is just like her!
The Brooke I know believes in possibilities, likes to discover, explore and believes in looking outside the box to find answers unfound and create new ideas, and turn them into reality.

Here is her favorite paragraph in the entire book ( as she reiterated this many times to me ), " The Lost Track of Time" by Paige Britt:

"The great moodler was known far and wide for being exactly that- A great moodler. She came up with real possibilities. First she would moodle on the smallest faintest notion, Soon it would blossom into an idea, With constant moodling her ideas took flight, soaring overhead and colliding with one another until sparks flew. From the sparks her ideas caught fire, streaking into the sky and exploding with possibilities."

I love the way that Brooke went and found her favorite paragraph in the book to " moodle " on herself as she considered what all the ideas the Great Moodler had, might have been?




No comments:

Post a Comment