Sunday, March 12, 2017

My Colorado Memories


                                        As we pulled up to these snowy Colorado mountains
                                              Will and Brooke were so excited! Brooke said,
                                           " I have never seen snow like this in my life!" 

                                       Among all the great experiences that Brooke and Will 
                                             have been having on our ski trip, I personally 
                                           have a couple of my own memories, that I 
                                           will not forget. They will always be special to me
                       because they are showing me whom my children really are and are becoming.

                                 After I told Will and Brooke to thank their Daddy for taking us on our trip, 
                 Will ran with a smile on his face and said to his Dad while hugging him, " Daddy, thank you for taking us on our trip. This is the best day ever!!! And, Mommy, thank  you for letting me, and teaching me to read the Book of Mormon." 

                          Even on our trip, in all the excitement, Will was feeling thankful for not just the 
                   feelings that he knows the Book of Mormon brings in his life, but also feeling thankful
               that since we have been working on him reading verses each night, he can now read the                        scriptures all by himself! 

                          I will not forget waking up on this Sabbath morning and upon telling the kids 
                    that it is the Sabbath Day, Will saying, " Awe...but we can't go to church then. Can we 
                       say a prayer that we can go to church next week?" As I said of course to his request, 
                           Will said, " Can I say the prayer right now?" and Will prayed for just that. 

                         The last sweet memory for me was seeing Brooke struggle at ski school, 
                                  but knowing that she would not give up, but even more important, 
                               her ski school instructor told me today, " This is really a compliment to you, but your children were very good, and your daughter helped and taught her brother. They are really good kids. " 

                                 I feel so blessed to have had these experiences to know that even among
                             a fun and good time, the Lord and being good, is still at the forefront of my children's minds. 

                                      I am so incredibly blessed to be your Mother, Brooke and Will....

                     PS. I will try to talk your Dad into taking more pictures tomorrow. He really doesn't like taking pictures, but he really does love you and want you to learn and develop so many needed skills for life. 

               









No comments:

Post a Comment