Sunday, January 14, 2018

Brooke is almost twelve


My princess Brooke is almost twelve-years old, but if you ask me, I feel like she is going on thirty-years old.

A few days ago I saw a plastic bag on my front porch on my way out the front door. I thought, oh well, I will see What that is later.

When I returned I found a receipt on the door which read, Thank you for your dibation, to print your tax deduction reciept go to this link...."

On this receipt there was a picture of cats and dogs.

I asked Brooke what it was and she told me she had signed up online for a pick up of you balls and toys for orphan cats and dogs! Apparently that is what was sitting on my porch! Brooke had taken action in something she wanted to help with and her passion of loving cats!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised if she turn stands up for animal rights someday! Haha,

The impressive thing is that Brooke is a child that has straight As, has read " Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent, and Mrs.Perigans Home for Peculiar Children " series, in the past couple months, and yet she has enough brain space to think about setting up charitable donations for animal, pickups at the house?

4 entire book series, gifted and talented straight As, piano lessons, private ice skating, team ice skating, charitable dobations, and she has taken up Family History that Grandpa Pack taught her today.

She found thirteen ordinances for ancestors and with tears in her eyes she said to Grandma, Grandpa and myself, " I really feel the spirit."

She could move out tomorrow and I would even wonder if she could figure out how to manage in life.

Thank goodness it is 12 and not 30, however amazing she is, I still have lots to share with her in my home.




No comments:

Post a Comment