Sunday, May 5, 2019

Movie Critic Will


Will,
I am grateful You know the defining attributes of a super hero better than Hollywood movie makers that idolize the comic hero characters, and even spend years developing characters and plots. Maybe you b can help Hollywood someday?

I haven't seen the movie, but no doubt you are right about the new Marvel Avengers movie you were so excited to see last week.

Your Grandma and Grandpa Pack were excited to take you to the movie because you love super hero's so much.

After seeing the three hour movie,
You came home, and told me that you didn't like the movie . I asked why and your response proved you to have strong character yourself; showing that just Because something is supposed to be epic and amazing, doesn't mean that you will be persuaded to follow the crowd; but that you will make your own decision .

You said, " I didn't like it because Thor was drinking alcohol the whole time, and got fat. The only time Thor wanted to go on the mission was when they offered him a case of beer. That's not a hero. He is not a hero anymore. "

I told Grandma Pack what you said and she was surprised and proud of your conclusion .

You have a clear vision of your purpose Will, and you do let that vision drive your interests in life.

Normally you are very picky about your clothes Will, but today on short notice about being able to attend a sacrament meeting this Sabbath, you did not care what you were wearing. You said you wanted to go to church, and you always get excited when I remind you that it is Sunday.

A few weeks ago you asked me a mature question Will. You asked, " Mom, What is the first thing you have to teach your kids? Like, what is the first thing you taught me? "
You are pondering how to be a good parent I suppose!?
I said, "Well, to eat, so you could live." You were not satisfied knowing that is obvious. I thought and remembered that the first thing I taught you was to bow your head, close your eyes, and fold your arms in a prayer, and this even before you could talk.
So, I told you I taught you very first to pray, and you proudly said, " Then that's the first thing that I am going to teach my kids.... To pray. "

I think your family will be so blessed as you do that one day Will.

I am pretty sure you will really do this, as you say, because when we taught your best friend Apollo To pray recently, you were very happy and proud of him. You were happy enough about this that you  even shared about Apollo's first prayer to Grandma and Grandpa Pack at dinner with them.





I am so blessed to be your Mother and I love you my prince Will.

                    Love,
                          Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment