Saturday, June 29, 2019

Girls Camp 2019




          At first Brooke was not thrilled about me going to Girls Camp as a leader in her group, this summer; but all turned out great for her to the point she really didn't want me to leave after the two days that I was there.

Brooke,
    I was very impressed and proud of you because originally when you found out that you were not going have any of your friends from your ward, in your group at camp, you didn't want to go. You started to cry and explain how going with your friends in the ward was the point. I kind of agreed with you, but as a parent that needs to trust in the leaders at church, I explained that this was your opportunity to experience making more friends from church, which you eventually will see around here and there at stake activities.
You felt my sincere compassion about your feelings, but trusted what the church leaders did too and about 15 min. Later you told me, " Okay. I will see my friends at free time." You went to camp with a great attitude and mindful of the others that might feel the same way as you.

I heard a lot of girly complaints at camp as a leader, and I even heard some comments that were not as kind, but none of them came from you Brooke.

You were the first one to give help and the one that all the other girls knew would be a safe place to come talk to you.

Thank you for keeping the humble and kind heart that you have, even when sometimes choosing another way could be easier as a teenager among other teenage girls .

Thank you for wanting to be a spiritual strength to the Lord's Kingdom in your Young Women class, where I hear from your teachers that you always give the greatest insight into your lessons and class time.

You are my princess and I love you Brooke.

One day, you are going to be a great YCL as you are already telling me what you'd do a to make camp awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment