Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The sweetest thing about Brooke and Disney



At first Brooke didn't even want to go to Disney World when I told her we were going! Grandpa Pack recently took our family to Disney World. I was right in knowing Brooke just didn't know how much she'd love a trip to a magical place, with rides, treats, and fireworks like she had never seen ( well, since last time she went at Five-years old ).

Brooke didn't like rollercoasters when she was ten-years old after riding one at Sea World. Things change, because this time she didn’t throw up on the Tea Cups like she did when she was Five-years old.

Brooke now loves rollercoasters like a thrill seeker!
Brooke loved going on the Rock ‘N Roller Coaster twice, and running full speed to get on The Mount Everest Rollercoaster....upon realization the line was only 5 min. And riding it over and over!

The sweetest thing that happened with Brooke at Disney was not when I was able to convince her to wear Minnie ears with me, nor was it when we both delighted in our Mickey ears ice cream together; it was when Brooke heard Will talking about the fact that he was only a few dollars short in buying another souvenir with his own money. With out hesitation BROOKE offered up her own babysitting money, to make up the difference. It might not seem like a lot at a 5 dollar difference, but Brooke saves and counts all of her earned dollars from her jobs.

It was so sweet to see her take Will to the register and purchase the toy with him.


Brooke,
Today when I saw all of the things left on the counter in the morning, I thought about grumbling to myself, but I didn't Because I saw a bag with all kinds of canned food in it. I didn't know exactly what you had that for, and why you forgot to take it with you, but I know enough about your efforts to contribute independently to good causes, and to independently care for others on your accord, that I had the thought....there is a reason for this, and that's charity for Brooke, and she forgot this...A few hours later I received the text from the school that the food drive for homeless would end later in the week.

You are going to lead the future generation in your responsible out look and desire to make others feel cared for as a smart, hardworking contributor.

While myself or other teenagers might be thinking about what the next fad or fashion they are trying to keep up with is, you Brooke were thinking about others this morning even in a rush to get to school.

I am so proud of the empathy that you have for God's children, and I am blessed to be your Mother.

Love,
       Mom 💝




No comments:

Post a Comment