Thursday, November 14, 2019

Our Music and Testimony


Brooke and Will, 
As you know, I keep this journal with pictures and print it in a book for you, so that someday you won't have me right next to you, but you will have all of my love for you and Our Savior written down, that you can share and know what I would have said if I wasn't there to say it. You know I would say I love you and that is why I want to capture the things I adore about you in this book. 

I have never written about my music to you, and I can't really call it " my" music because it belongs to so many, like Heavenly Father whom allowed me to meet a friend that wrote and shared music, which made me see that I could do that also, as a way to share my love and testify of God the Father as Jesus Christ; it belongs to Your Grandparents whom have paid for some, your Father whom let me choose what to purchase at the time he could be generous in funds, and it belongs to you because you both were a driving reason that I wanted to have my love for God documented; so that you could always turn on one of the songs I wrote and recorded and feel the difference that Heavenly Father makes in our lives as we think about Him and even do everything that could point back to Him.  
Of course it belongs to Brad Davis whom played every instrument! Added thoughts and scripture sometimes! 

I hope you will remember the times that we have all gone to the studio together and the hot chocolate from " Mugs ", the coffee shop we love across the street from the studio. 

Will, You are always excited to be at the studio and part of the recording process and I want you to know that each time that I have recorded a song that is not about Jesus Christ, you have been disappointed. You say, " But, I thought you want to write music for Jesus!?" You are always the first one to ask if I come home from the studio, to hear my song..You even put my album cover as the first picture you hung in your room. I know someday that will be replaced by a picture of something else besides your Mom! 

Brooke, You don't ever have to wonder if you have a pretty voice as you think you don't, because I have literally thousands of people whom think my voice is pretty and I will tell you that it is a fact....you are a better vocalist than me. I hope that you see that as you get older and more confident. 

When you share the story of our music someday, I hope that you remember you inspired me to leave something good on the earth for your faith in Jesus Christ, and because of my love for Him and you...
Heavenly Father let it bless others. 

He answers my prayer that I can be able to share His gospel and He will answer all of your prayers too. 

I can not imagine how sweet it will be one day when I get to stand in person with my Savior and say, " I wrote these songs for you....and about you...will you listen to them? " 

I know He knows that I wanted to use what He gives me for His glory and I know that you both will use all you are given to glorify Him also.

Love, 
 Mommy 💝












Don't forget that you played on my songs ( piano Brooke! I heard Him Come )





No comments:

Post a Comment