Sunday, June 14, 2020

Morning prayer on Will's celebration

 Will celebrated his tenth birthday last weekend with my brother ( Uncle Allen ) and his family, and my little sister (Aunt Amy)  and her family. Even though it was Wills celebration, there were moments that I was just as excited and blessed as the birthday boy.



It was the morning of going to play laser tag and Will had Apollo, Wynne, and Landon spend the night at our house. We were able to meet Grandpa Pack, Uncle Andy ( Amy's husband ) and Uncle Allen at the Main Event, that luckily opened just the day before, after months of being closed because of Covid; as Dad Turano gathered up stuff and headed to the car, I felt so blessed because I was able to call all these boys together, and seeing such blessed boys stand together ready to pray, I knew I needed to ask them to kneel with me in recognition of how blessed we are to have Jesus Christ and the ordinances of His Gospel, and the chance to live in the fullness of times. As they knelt in a circle, I received the present on Will's birthday, to see them in faith together on knees, and to hear Landon, the oldest of them all ( I asked to pray ) show forth example to the younger ones. My gift from my Savior is certainly Will on his birthday, but it felt multiplied in that moment I was blessed to call them together in my love for Our Heavenly Father and His Son; to give them worship and glory in what has been given us.

Will,
 The night of your sleep over and after  prayer, you eagerly ran to the other room and grabbed the statute of Peter holding the keys that are spoken of in Matthew 16: 18-19, as I asked you to share that scripture that you are memorizing.
. You wanted to make sure that your friends knew exactly what to picture as you recited the scripture and explained the " keys " that Peter was given are the Priesthood or authority to perform ordinances of God, like baptism. You explained that keys are given to the person who owns something, though they can make copies, it is special to have them and they are kept track of.

You have a great love for the gospel Will, and I know because you smile when you watch church videos with me, and you do not hesitate to pray in front of even those who don't believe as you do.

You ask me everyday if I am your friend Will. You even ask after I say yes, if I will always be your best friend?  Now when you don't ask me, I tell you, " You are my best friend Will and I will always be with you. " I know you have a heart that loves Will, and when anyone spends time with you, they can see they are lucky to be around such a giving, kind hearted, and fact filled boy. I love you Will and I am sure if you want to work for NASA like you say that you want to, you will be able to!!!

                   Love,
                        Mommy 💝

No comments:

Post a Comment