Sunday, November 8, 2020

River and a brook

Well, Brooke....You dressed up as " River Song " from " Doctor Who " for Halloween this year. 

Brook...as River.. 

   You love the tv series " Doctor Who " and you have gotten your brother into it as well! I am not sure if you not only love the show, " Doctor Who"  but if you think on a daily basis that you need a doctor because of how unusual you think your parents are right now in your life? 

I am not sure if it's a teenager thing or just being a child of us, but you do constantly look at us strange and ask if we are being serious? 

Brooke, I can't blame you. You are really smart, and you do show me so many things I can do in the tech world, and tell me that I need to stop only posting scriptures on my social media pages if I want anyone to want to listen to me? 

You are so organized in your ability to produce a plan on paper, so much so that your Dad asked you to make a planned out parenting guideline for us? You said, " Aren't you supposed to do that Dad? " When your Dad offered to pay you to do this, you didn't hesitate. 

Brooke, you continue to want to help the helpless as you want to be a Vet and show compassion to those in need, even as you stopped and announced to the house hold that you never imagined your Dad would ask you how to work the washing machine when you were 14 years old and expected that to be a normal question in his mind? Or when you wanted to help your Mom ( me ) by making each of her students use hand sanitizer as they walk in the door for a CPR class in our house? Or helping the helpless parents by ordering groceries online when we are in a hurry, researching what kind of products we should buy to protect the environment, and looking for better deals on the internet for things that we purchase...or when your Mom says we should eat cake for breakfast and you recommend something else. 

Brooke, I am grateful for your goals that you talk about that set a good example for your brother. Will has a good example of caring about his school work in you, and caring about the animals in nurturing and sweetness that he learned from you in the pets. 

So that you don't look back at this and feel completely sorry for yourself for living in a house with the helpless....

You did get some needed help from a little brother of yours a few days ago when you were using a drill on your own bedroom wall, (you were trying to hang a jewelry holder ). Will, upon hearing the sound of a drill, came into your room, and for the first time didn't get sent out as you said, " Will, I need your help!" Will had to tell you that you were using the wrong type of screw, you were drilling into a stud, and had the drill put into reverse mode. Will says that he saved you from having about 15 holes in your wall that day. Apparently Will knew where the stud finder was in the garage and as soon as he brought it into your room, you let him take over. 





 


I took Brooke to the recording studio with me to record a song she wanted to sing for choir! She did awesome and the amazing thing was it was my favorite Christmas song to song as a kid!!!
" The Christmas Song " 



No comments:

Post a Comment