Saturday, August 7, 2021

Summer of 15 years old- Brooke

 Brooke had been asking for the chance to go to Aunt Audrey's house alone for the past couple years and this summer she got her wish! 


Brooke
asked Eli to do make up on her cousin Eli
These two cousins literally cried in each other's arms when they were little and we left town from spending a week with Aunt Audrey's family


Fawn and Brooke on the plane to Audrey's in Arizona



This is what you taught Lehi to do



            Lehi liked having you at his house 



          You and your Gay best friend Jamal at 
The concert with Weezer, from my days of being fifteen years-old! 



                  Grandpa Pack and you 


                  Ice cream in Mustang Island , TX 


I did not know how I would be not seeing Brooke for 2 weeks but I knew she would be in the next best place for a teenage girl to get some away time from parents and brother; Aunt Audrey and the McNeil cousins are just like me, but more strict and more kids Brooke's age that like to do random and silly jokes all day. 

So, This was my thinking sending Brooke away for two weeks in Arizona, and then I got the call where Brooke told me the most safe and strict parents were letting their teenage boys drive 6 hours away, alone, without any adults, and that they were staying in a cabin of some friends alone in the mountains near Durango, CO and could she go? 

I realized quickly as I said, " Yes, you can go. " I didn't just send Brooke to Arizona to her cousin's house, but I sent her on a road trip through Colorado mountains with only teens, a few hundred dollars, and was told that she would not be sleeping holding hands with her older boy cousins like I imagined to help me feel like she was safe. 

Brooke, 

Never forget how many times you asked me to Zelle you money when you are older and I did, even though you had been given more than enough from your Dad. Let it remind you how your Mom wants you to have everything you want and in return you will only be nagged about your love for Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and showing Them through thought towards them and coming to know Them in scripture; and nagged about doing those things only because = I know that They also want you to have everything you want and have even more ability to give ALL to you than I do; plus, They are everything, and have so much love and wisdom that being close to Them will make you happy and I want that for you, and so...that is my only requirement and for the rest of it, you can go on road trips, or rock climbing with people I don't know, and in a place that I have never even seen, and on the fly with 5 min. notice. 

Because, if you love God and Jesus nothing will ever go permanently wrong. So, I trust in that and know you can too. 

Brooke, 

Your brother Will never complained once that he didn't get to go with you to your cousins, so always want him to be happy, by being kind to him and loving him, at eleven he could have been pretty sad to not go to one of his favorite places too ( his cousins houses) but he missed you but was not wishing he was there with expressing it. He looks up to you and loves you even when he teases you. 

I know that you and Will can always be a comfort to each other, so when you read this later, call your brother and tell him you love him. 

Brooke, You make our conversations controversial all of the time, but I know that is because you are smart, and that you know to learn all that you can is the best way to determine where you stand on something, and besides that it must be fun for you to see me explode into distress when I hear things about you wanting your hair pink, and to not live in the USA when you are grown up and that maybe your healthcare or college should be paid for by the government, which you don't stay in that thought for long, when there are too many logical facts given about how the decline in life in general would be made on that path. 

Brooke, You know the best thing about your trip for me this summer besides knowing you had so much fun, was when you came home and whispered to me that of every one you missed me most. That meant so much to me because of how much I love you my princess Brooke. 

Love,

Mommy 💝



No comments:

Post a Comment