Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Magical Garbage Truck

 Ever since Brooke could walk, every year Grandma Pack buys Brooke a pair of tall black boots. It is about that time of year for the Semi Annual Sale at Nordstroms, and Grandma and Grandpa picked up Brooke to go choose her black boots and do a little school shopping.

As Will and I waved goodbye to them on the front porch I thought it was a perfect time to inspect the ground for bugs with Will. Since summer started we haven't had the one on one time to talk just him and I. we found some rocks to throw, found some sticks to break and then the magical garbage truck came along.
Well to Will it seemed as if his Mom was trying to teach him that the garbage truck was magic.

With Brooke it seemed like we had a daily routine of trash time watching out the window. Life is more busy so I haven't done that as much with Will.

I was telling Will , " Watch how the garbage has a claw that grabs the trash can and out dumps the trash into the truck. I explained even further and said a third time, " Will the garbage man is taking your dirty diapers away, the dirty diapers go into that garbage truck. "

Will suddenly stood in silence as if he was thinking very hard and he looked confused.

 As he took his pointer finger and pointed at his little hiney, Will said clearly.....

 " My diaper is right here."

I quickly knew why he looked so confused! Why was "Ma" as he calls me, trying to tell him the garbage truck snatched his diaper off him when he could still feel the icky pasty feeling on his tush?

He was just telling me how it is....His diaper was infact poopy and he was sure the garbage truck didn't take his dirty diaper off him....

Will is using full on sentences starting a few weeks ago. It's so fun to hear what is going on in that little head of his.

He says everyday, " Ma lets go catch a ghost!" and he grabs my finger and pulls me around the house.
He says, " Daddy I wanna go to swimming pool."
I love hearing him yell, " Here it comes! Ready set go! I see it, sky airplane!!!"
He says, " Where is Brooke Ma?" or" Where did Daddy go? "
I like hearing him say, " Ma, I want candle cake." or , " You want some Brooke? Here you go Brooke."
He loves bugs and calls spiders, spider man. He says, " Ma look it's spider man, oh no, yuck, sick! "


No comments:

Post a Comment