Sunday, September 9, 2012

first few weeks of First Grade

Well are into the first few weeks of First Grade with Brooke and she is loving it! There were no tears this year coming home on the first day, because she thought she would learn something new. I prepped her very well to understand she wasn't  going to be learning anything except her new teacher's rules for the first week of First Grade.



I shouldn't have been surprised but I was, and it was such a compliment to receive a phone call on the second week that Brooke was in First Grade from her teacher. She said, " Mrs. Turano, I just wanted to call you and let you know that you  are a great mother, and it shows by the way that Brooke behaves, and interacts with her class mates during school." She said, " It is such a pleasure to have a child like her in my class that loves to learn and listens intently, you and your husband are doing a great job! Would you please also let Brooke know that her efforts are noticed and appreciated by me as well."

 I am thrilled Brooke has a teacher this wonderful that would take her time to give us a call after school, to my phone. I thought about how many parents she was calling and how much work that was for her and thought she was amazing.

Then I felt very impressed by Brooke's impression that she is leaving on her teacher when I asked asked two other mother's of children in Brooke's class if they got such a sweet call as well. They said no, they didn't.

Brooke is in heaven being in Brooke Thames class again this year. Of course this was arranged by Brooke Thames Mom since she depends on us a lot to help with Brooke Thame's transportation and after school homework.

Brooke is already talking about when she is going to be chosen as a Soaring Eagle this year. I keep telling her that all she can do is try her best, and that she doesn't have to get an award to be proud that she behaves in school...We talk about how she can feel good everyday for making the choice to behave well in school and if she gets the reward again, that is great, but the most important thing is her knowing she is happy about the way she is acting during class...

No comments:

Post a Comment