Monday, March 10, 2014

Our painting Date

Brooke and I had a mommy/ daughter date a few nights ago where we went to a painting studio. Upon appointment this painting studio gives instruction on different methods and strokes of painting. Brooke absolutely loved this activity, and I realized that I don't have the patience for painting, because I do enjoy being creative, but I normally like to kill two birds with one stone, so if I can be creative with food, or especially cake, then I get to eat it too!!!!

Brooke actually has a talent in art. Just like her Dad who would spend hours drawing cartoons, in hopes to someday sell them. The teacher in our painting class offered to let Brooke into his summer painting classes, even though she is younger than the required age. He said that she had a knack for it and follows instructions very well.

She is looking forward to taking some additional classes!!!

During our one on one time Brooke told me all about the books she is reading in school. Because she finishes her work early she is able to get her book out of her desk and read a lot of the day.  She finishes a book every couple days at least, and she even forgets that it is recess when she is so into her book. She says they go straight into indoor recess sometimes and that her teacher has to tap her on the shoulder and tell her it is time to go to lunch because she read through recess. Sounds like something I would do getting into my tunnel vision ;) Brooke loves to read!!! and even in her date with me she wanted to tell me all about the books that she is reading!




              Of course Brooke chose to paint a cupcake because like Mother, like daughter....
 We love sweets!!! It's too bad we got done painting so late..nothing was open on the way home to stop and get a cupcake to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment