Thursday, September 22, 2016

Replacing the Skirts with Earings

I was pretty disappointed when my little princess decided she did not want to wear skirts to school everyday. I will tell you what, we had a great run of years which began in Kindergarten that Brooke refused to wear anything but skirts to school and I LOVED IT!

I loved to go shopping with Brooke for the pinkest, girliest outfit we could find. It was fun!

This year as Brooke only wanted Nike tennis shoes, I said okay grudgingly, but thought, you know what...you want to be in Nikes everyday, that's good if you are going to use them!

Brooke not wearing skirts is just fine! Brooke and I have enjoyed working out together a couple times lately; running hills and at the gym and she loves it! Which is exciting to see her love something with me!

Although we didn't shop for skirts this year, Brooke took on a girly challange that she said she would not do until she was twelve-years old, each time that I asked. Begining a couple years ago I would ask Brooke about once a year, if she was ready to get her ears pierced? She always said not until she is twelve, no questions asked.

A few weeks ago Brooke brought it up, and asked if I would take her out to do this? I was so excited for her!

When Brooke decides she is going to do something, she does it. We arrived at the jewlry store and she was all smiles.

It was so fun to see her replace those skirts, with some feminine earings! 😉

I am amazed at Brooke's strong personality that can't be swayed when she puts her mind to something. She is going to make a big difference in this world, for all who get to know her!






No comments:

Post a Comment