Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sharing about Jesus


I keep thinking the days of Will excitedly running to my side, with a Dandelion in hand will soon be coming to an end? I have been pleasantly surprised twice in the last week as he has sweetly expressed his love for me as he says proudly, " Mommy, I have a flower for you! "

It is almost as if Will just keeps getting sweeter and his testimony of the scriptures and Jesus Christ comtinues to grow.

I was so proud that only the second week into school Will shared his testimony about Jesus Christ at his table in class.

Will told the story by first telling me, " Mommy, did you know that some people don't know about Jesus?"

Will said this a little sad and shock sounding in his voice.

I asked, " Well how do you know that they don't know who Jesus is? "

Will continued to explain that he wanted to talk about Jesus because He is special, but that some of the kids said they didn't know who he was talking about.

Now, I knowing how deep Will can get into doctrinal questions know he might have just been going over their heads with his thoughts, but it was previous to me to know that Jesus was important enough to Will that he wanted to talk about Him, and I suppose at some time we all have been saddened to know that some do not joy in the truths that we know in the gospel and about Jesus Christ.

What a lesson and first experience for a Kindergartener.

I am thankful that Will knows that I love my Savior very much as he expressed that he knows that the other night. Will and I were watching a video about The Brother of Jared before bed, and Will showed me that he has no doubt that The Brother of Jared saw the finger of the Lord abd infact when I asked him how this was possible, in order to ensure Will was grasoing the principles being taught, Will said, " Because He believed in God so much." Then he continued and it melted my heart to hear him say, " Mommy, I bet you could do that." I said, " Do what Will? " He said, " See God, because you believe in Him so much. "

It is true Will, I do believe in God so much and I lo e Him more than anything there ever was ir could be, because He gave me thr chance to come toveartg, obtain a body, and learn and grow. He forgives me when I fail each day and He provides me with all of the chances I will need to become more like Him, who has the fullest joy. He gave me you and Brooke and I am so amazed that I get to be your Mother.

I know that there are great lessons that I will continue to learn from you both forever and eternity as we will be united and sealed someday.







No comments:

Post a Comment