Sunday, January 1, 2017

Shark Tooth

Remember Will's fear of swimming in the ocean, because he was afraid of sharks? Do you remember the fact that Will seemed so determined that he would not swim in the ocean that we were convinced he could use more swimming lessons, in order to feel more comfortable in the water?

Well, Will's wildest imaginations of what going on a trip to Mexico, and swimming in the ocean would be like, actually became a reality for him! 

Will would infact be face to face with a shark on our trip!

Will had been having so much fun in the ocean that his fear of sharks seem to fade...

I thought Will was good to go and would be ready to face his fears when we found out that we were being taken to visit a nurse shark as part of our excursion.

Will was super excited to pet the baby shark, but as the Turano's paraded to the dock and holding cell of the innocent baby shark, Will happened to fall on the dock! He had scrapped his leg! Will was making such a scene with tears and cries that our tour guide picked him up to carry and comfort him! 

What the tour guide didn't understand was that not only was Will sad about his little scrape, he was crying in English to the Mexican that was holding him,

" The shark is going to smell my blood! Sharks like to eat blood! I need a band-aid." 

All the while, I was trying to run after Brooke whom was so excited that she was ahead of everyone. I  then began asking people if they had a band-aid on my way to catch up with her!

My question may have made more sense to the random question as the Mexican came past holding a little boy that was saying, 

" I have to cover up my blood for the shark to not smell it!" 

I guess when I told Will that the babies don't care about blood, this shark was fed all day, and then he saw his sister, and myself having fun petting the shark...

His drama died...

And we all had fun petting what may or may not have been a nurse shark in Mexico? 

Of course Will had to get a necklace with a shark tooth as his souvenir on our next stop to the city...







No comments:

Post a Comment