Sunday, April 8, 2018

Will skiing!

Getting the chance to take Brooke and Will to some beautiful winter mountains was a blessing this year. We went to Copper Mountain with Kevin's friends again, only this time Will and Brooke had more skiing skills under their belts. Skiing with my children that ski very well ( for being Texans ) , took me down memory lane of skiing with my own parent or Grandpa Pack. I told Brooke and Will about the way Grandpa taught me to ski for the first time, and how the first day I learned, I think the only fun I had, was when Grandpa Pack took a king size Snickers Bar out of his pocket and told me I should eat it! The second day was fun because I could finally ski and was gifted with candy and hot chocolate by Grandpa.

Will had his own ideas on how to make skiing more fun this year. It was quite unusual. I guess when your Mom lets you eat candy bars too much, you have to find your own strange ideas of fun?

I noticed Will was sticking his tounge out each time we skied down the hill, and not just for a moment, but for the whole way down the mountain, and Will doesn't like to go slow so he flew down the mountain with his tounge out like he was a panting dog!?

When I asked Will what he was doing this for? he said, " I think it is fun to freeze my tounge with the cold air and then melt it back in my mouth when I get down the hill."

Haha, looked funny! But more than funny, were the cute little skis, snowbibs and confident turns into between trees by my little prince.



No comments:

Post a Comment