Friday, July 27, 2018

Ice cream with Will

Will and I had a Mommy/son date and I have to say that it was the sweetest / funniest and for sure the cutest little date that I have ever been on.

As we were deciding where to eat Will kept telling saying, " Mommy, I want to go where you want to go. "
He was looking at all the places that we were around, and I suggested a few. Three times he insisted on me telling him where I would want to go, and upon my decision I told him that I would get him ice cream and his response was, " Mommy, are you sure that's in your budget? " I said, " Will, my budget can stand to get my little boy ice cream." He said, " But, I don't want you to go over on your budget. You have spent a lot of other money this week. "
I was determined at that point that little boys shouldn't be worried about their Mom's budget and instead be thinking about what flavor of ice cream they could choose?

When eating his ice cream,Will said, " Thank you for the ice cream Mommy. Do you like the cherries on top? Why do they put those? " I said, They put them to make it look better." He said, " You mean this isn't meant to be eaten? It tastes good! "
You would have thought Will had never ate or noticed the cherries before, since he was so enthusiastic? It made me want to go buy him a box of chocolate covered cherries. So, I told him about the chocolate covered cherries. and asked him if he wanted a box? I shouldn't have been surprised with his concern for my budget, when he said, " Well, you can just get me those at Christmas Mommy. "

I asked what else he wanted to do and he said, " It probably isn't possible to bring Beckham with us? " ( his friend he is obsessed with ) Will was being so sweet that I texted the mother right away.

As we continued on our drive Will said, " Why do you think commercials like to trick people? " I said, " What makes you think they are tricking you? " He said, " I don't think they are tricking people, I KNOW they are tricking people! " I said, "How? " Will went on to say, " Well they say their products are half price but really they just doubled the price." I said, " Okay, I guess they are tricking us sometimes."

Will then told me that he thought I should be a singer. I said, " Will, I am a singer." He said, " But, you should sell your music to the radio." I explained it is hard to make money on music because the music industry has everyone just stealing music, or not paying for it. Will said, " Mommy, why would a robber want to steal a song? That's not what a robber would want to steal! "

After getting Will a gift of a Lego he wanted Will said, " I think I should work for this Mommy, so when we get home I will do things like vacuum and wipe tables."

I said, " Okay, but first lets go pick up Beckham and you can do that later."

When we pulled up to Beckham's house Will said, " I have a gift for you Beckham."
He pulled a dollar coin out of his bag, handed it to Beckham and Beckham said, " Thanks, wow this is a rare coin."

What a sweet Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment