Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Small Gift for My Savior - This Easter Sunday

On this Sunday, Easter Eve my heart and thoughts have been turned to my Savior Jesus The Christ.
I leave this my testimony that through the scriptures that have been left for our learning, we have and can come to know after what manner that God our Father in Heaven, and his son Jesus Christ interact, behave, and communicate with us, their children ? Although my hope is to leave my life, as my gift to my Savior, and God, this will never compensate. Not even a fraction of what I can do, as a gift for him, would be relatable to what he has left me. However, here is a small portion that I leave to you Brooke, Will and anyone who will read this...My testimony of the pattern after which God speaks to his prophets:

If we over look a larger perspective of God's interactions with man that we receive through the Old Testament, New Testament, as well the Book of Mormon, we can easily miss an incredible gift that our Father who art in Heaven, has tried to leave with us...God has in the past, even thousands of years ago spoken face to face to his children. God continues to do so, and how can any religion or person proclaim their faith and authority to be true without leaving a testimony of equal experience in this their words and scriptures?

In the Old Testament in Genesis Chapter 17 we learn of The Lord ( Jesus Christ ) appearing to Abraham and promising him that he will have numerous children in many nations:

 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord aappeared to bAbram, and said unto him, I am the cAlmighty God; dwalk before me, and be thou eperfect.
 And I will make my acovenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
 aAnd Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
 As for me, behold, my acovenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a bfather of many cnations.
 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be aAbraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
 And I will make thee exceeding afruitful, and I will make bnations of thee, and ckings shall come out of thee.
 aAnd I will establish my bcovenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an ceverlasting covenant, to be a dGod unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

In the Old Testament in Exodus, chapter 24:9-13 we learn that The Lord ( Jesus Christ ) appeared to Moses, and his Seventy men, when he was told he would receive the commandments on a tablet:

 ¶Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and aseventy of the belders of Israel:
 10 And they asaw the God of Israel: and there was under his bfeet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as cit were the body of heaven in his clearness.
 11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they asaw God, and did eat and drink.
 12 ¶And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee atables of stone, and a blaw, and commandments which I have cwritten; that thou mayest teach them.
 13 And Moses rose up, and his minister aJoshua: and Moses went up into the bmount of God.

In the New Testament in the book of Acts, chapter 7: 55-58 we learn that just before Stephen was stoned to death he saw God the Father, and Jesus Christ beside him:

 55 But he, being full of the aHoly Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the bglory of cGod, and dJesus estanding on the fright hand of God,
 56 And said, Behold, I asee the heavens bopened, and the cSon of man standing on the right dhand of eGod.
 57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
 58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their aclothes at a byoung man’s feet, whose name was Saul.

In the New Testament in the book of Matthew chapter 3: 16-17 we learn that as John the Baptist baptized Jesus Christ the Holy Ghost was present, and the voice of God was heard as he said, " This is my Beloved Son."

  16 And Jesus, when he was abaptized, went up bstraightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the cSpirit of God descending like a ddove, and lighting upon him:
 17 And lo a avoice from heaven, saying, This is my bbeloved cSon, in whom I am well pleased.

In the Joseph Smith History in the Book of Mormon we learn that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ:

" I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.”
“It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!”

These are just a few examples of many that God appears and talks with his prophets.....
 
 Jesus Christ is still giving us gifts today. The glorious gift that we celebrated this Easter Sunday is still at it's work, and not all, but much of the work is given to His saints in his church on the earth; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...

He is trying to teach us through the scriptures. We can see his workings and dealings with man through out them...and I know that he is still directing his church on the earth today. That is my testimony, that no matter how troubled we can become with the fear of the worlds problems that are coming forcefully at us, we are not alone..

He lives, leads and directs us through his scriptures that he left us through his prophets, and as well through modern revelation that is still being given to his prophets. 

When or if the testimony of Joseph Smith is challenged, I hope that we can all remember that God has always shown us that he talks with those whom he has chosen to be his prophets.

In the sacred and beloved name of my Savior Jesus Christ, Amen. 
 

1 comment: