Saturday, December 28, 2013

Celebrating our Savior


 I guess that Will didn't remember the three other times we loaded the cart with flowers to go show love to the elderly in a nursing home. The Sunday morning we would go, as I started loading the cart with the flowers Will said in disgust to me, " Hey, Mommy, those aren't your flowers. Those are for the sick people that can't walk flowers. You can't play with them. " I guess Will thought I just wanted to play with the flowers  in his grocery cart. Ha :)

 This year, I was really wishing I had thought of a service to do, in order to show God, and our Savior Jesus Christ we love them, earlier than I did. Since we have the tradition of taking flowers to the elderly at the nursing home for Easter, I thought well.... at least we could do that again as a family, the Sunday before Christmas.

My whole family gathered around Grandma and Grandpa Pack's table the night before and helped me make 80 flowers, since there are 90 residents in the nursing home that we go too.

It was such a sweet experience as always...the most touching moment was when Hyrum, Aunt Audrey's son kept reminding us that we couldn't skip a room. He was right, because just as we were about to leave one hallway after singing songs to what we had thought was all the rooms, Hyrum said, " Someone is talking to us in this room!" We heard a faint, " Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas," coming from a room that we indeed had missed going into. As we went into this old and sick woman's room she began crying as we were talking with her. She said, " Oh, you all have just made my day. I really want to get out of bed, but I can't, and I wanted to hear you sing." We sang her some Christmas carols, and gave her some flowers. She thanked us over and over, and told us how nice that we are trying to visit every room.



                 Will was so excited when we got to the home that he ran to the door as fast as he could...
                                       
                                                Will was our handsome flower delivery man
                                       
                        Fawn was the sweet flower princess, that all were delighted to receive a flower from

We sang Christmas songs, and Uncle Bryant played his harmonica down the hallway before we entered the rooms


                                     This lady wanted song after song sang, and she even sang along :)

   Grandpa Pack is like the baby keeper....he loves and calms all little children down by sweetly talking to them .Grandpa pack and Fawn have a great connection, even though Fawn is adopted, she was meant to be in our family.
                            Brooke and Sydney are two sweet little girls that love each other very much!
                                       Sydney was adorable singing some solos to the residents.
                                   Brooke had been excited to visit these less fortunate than her, all week...

We can never do enough to show Heavenly Father that we are thankful for all he has given us, but he does say if you love me, feed my sheep...I know we all felt fed by the spirit of the Lord during this sweet visit to the nursing home, and I hope that we fed some of his children hungering for love....

No comments:

Post a Comment