Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Christ-like Actions on Christmas Eve



I don't know if Brooke was thinking about Jesus as she was making a cupcakes for Him in celebration of " His birthday ", but she for sure was acting like Him as she made the cupcakes.

Every year our little Turano Family has a tradition of making a cake ( this year cupcakes ) on Christmas Eve. Before bed time we sing Happy Birthday to Jesus as a real reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.

This year on Christmas Eve we seemed extra busy. We had been talking about beginning to make the cake to celebrate Jesus in the evening, but we somehow were never getting to that point?

I had an Italian Christmas dinner to get ready to cook, a couple ladies that I visit teach and lonely friends that I had cookies to deliver to, and lastly my Home Health Patient's Wife( Ann ) had pretty much pleaded with me to come take care of her husband on Christmas Eve, even though I wasn't scheduled for that.

Needless to say I agreed to help everyone, and my dear sweet Brooke was helping me when I returned from taking care of Jeffery.

I walked in the door and I was reminded of the special and Christ-like daughter I have been blessed with, as I saw sweet Brooke making the cake all on her own.

I felt badly that she was working on our tradition all on her own, but I also knew that the she would be blessed for showing Jesus how much she loves Him and on her own accord.

 I thankful to walk in on time to help wrap things up and congratulate her on her devotion to Christ on Christmas. Even as her Mom was away doing His work, and her Dad and little brother were engaged in other activities, Brooke was thinking of Him.....

I know our Savior Jesus Christ felt how much Brooke loves Him as He looked upon her in service to her Mother, and as she was excited to celebrate His birthday..........


No comments:

Post a Comment