Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Field Trip

Brooke had her very first school field trip, this October. I was very appreciative of Kevin, for taking half a day off of work, in order for him to take care of Will, so that I could be a volunteer on Brooke's Kindergarten field trip to The Celina Pumpkin Patch.

All Brooke could talk about the night before was how she would finally have the chance to ride on a big yellow school bus. Brooke has been asking about riding on one of those school buses, since she was three years old! Two years  is a long time to wait, for a little one. She was thrilled when it was finally her chance to ride the bus.

Now, knowing the excitement about riding the bus, you must know how great of friend that Brooke strives to be. On the way to school, Brooke said to me, " Mom, I am going to let my friend Brooke sit next to the window on the way there, if she wants too, because I know sitting by the window would be the most fun, and I want to be nice. "  I said, " Wow, Brooke that is really nice of you! " She then reminded me that she was doing this, in order to pre-negotiate that she gets to look out the window on the ride home, because she knew it could cause a fight, if they didn't talk about it before hand. She is such a smart girl!!!! Her friend Brooke ended up being sick that day, but she let Natalie look out the window on the way there.

I was so glad that I was there for Brooke at the field trip for lots a reasons, one because it was freezing! It is more windy in the country where we were. All the kids were chattering their teeth. Luckily I had another jacket in my car, that Brooke was able to put on at the farm. Also, with such a big group of  kids, it was chaotic. So many children were confused about where they were supposed to be. (There was more than one school there) I loved being a help for the class, and spending that special time with Brooke.









                                                           


We rode the hay ride, chose some pumpkins and ate our picnic lunch on a blanket, with Brooke's classmates.

1 comment:

  1. i almost wrote this exact post two years ago about ella! i'll never forget that pumpkin patch trip, kids so excited to ride the bus, animals, pumpkins and freezing wind! :) and i love how thoughtful brooke always is! sweet girl! http://mykidssayimsilly.blogspot.com/2009/10/ellas-first-bus-ride.html

    ReplyDelete