Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grandma Turano


Dorothy Elaine Mistretta Turano

Born 11-20-41

Brooklyn, NY

Raised in Glendale, Queens, NY

Graduated our lady wisdom High School 1955-1959

Graduated Saint John's University 1959-1963

Degree: Education

Married 7-4-64

Children, Leonard, Doreen, Kevin and Jeff


Kevin - When I was a child, I recall whenever my friends would come over to our house, it was almost certain that they would let me know that my Mother is very pretty. I recall thinking "hmmmn.... ya that is accurate". Thank goodness I take after her side of the family ;)  Interestingly, it seems like I really got to know my mother better when I went off to college.  I would look forward to talking to her.  She was my rock of foundation during my renaissance.  I literally could not wait to come back home to visit.  (even though I would not mention that out loud)  When I came back in town it seemed like I would always bring a humongous loud of laundry with me.  I'm still not sure how to replicate the perfect folds and wonderful fresh smell of her laundry!  Wow, I did not intend to make this about laundry.  Anyway, you could sum this lady up by saying "she is a good mom" - and that is fantastic.  Most of my favorite memories of my mom  involve one on one situations.  Mainly because when she is around other people she goes into work mode, and she has an amazing energy to execute tasks.  She is like a CEO of home making.

Emily - Your Grandma Turano is one of those infulential women that leaves a mark on the world. She greets others with a friendly face, and befriends all kinds of people along her journey. And journey, is exactly what she view this life to be. She takes the journey with love for family, friends, reading, meditating, music and faith in God.

Brooke - I like when Grandma Turano comes to visit when it's my birthday party. I always pray for Grandma's hurt knee to get better.
The visits that we have with Grandma Turano are cherished, and leave us wishing that we could see her more often. We wish we could be there on this day, to celebrate your beautiful, loving, intelligent Grrandmother.
Happy Birthday Dorothy! We love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment