Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From us ALL, for KEVIN

                                                              Because Kevin was born,
                                                      my world got a whole lot brighter.                                            
                                                 The words " I love you " seem inadequate.
                                                  Time with out him , moves at glacial pace.
                                           The meaning of fun, gained three times more excitement.
                                                      Fatherhood, never seemed so attractive.
                                                Friendship, meant forever and no matter what.
                                                The Golden Rule, never had a better servant.
                                             Hard work, found someone who found it a privilege.
                                  Not putting priorities in the right place, wouldn't even stand a chance.
                                                          Loyalty, met a life long advocate.
                                          Positivity, found someone who would put it to the test.
                                                       Creativity, met it's partner in crime.
                                                         A grudge, isn't in his vocabulary.
                                                Smiles would be spread, wherever he went.
                                     Life, wouldn't be the same to so many people, without Kevin.
               Happy Birthday to a beautiful person, to the man that I love, and from one very lucky girl.
                                    
                                                                       - Emily Turano

                                           These are Kevin's families, favorite things about him:

Brooke says: Daddy always takes me to sneak out of the house. He plays silly with me, and we like to invent stuff.

Kevin's Dad (William) :

 # 1 Kevin's map problems: While attending MSU he had to get back to school early over Thanksgiving. Kevin some how went north to Omaha instead of south to Springfield MO. Bad sense of direction.
           
#2 He Tested his tires out at raytown high  football field and not in the parking lot
        
 #3 He put a hot tub in his 2nd floor apt. Imagine it sprung a leak! Free showers below-  EVICTION -
 DAD
                  
GRANDMA MISTRETTA----GRANDPA AND I HAVE ALWAYS REFERRED TO KEVIN AS "SMILEY".  HE IS THOUGHTFUL AND GENEROUS AND TELEPHONES ME TO KEEP IN TOUCH.


MOM TURANO----AT 43 KEVIN IS A WORK IN PROGRESS...HE DOESN'T VIEW THE WORLD AT A DISTANCE BUT ENGAGES HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO BE ACTIVE IN WHAT HIS COMMUNITY OFFERS RIGHT NOW. KEVIN DOESN'T TALK UNKINDLY ABOUT ANYONE AND I HAVE MARVELED AT SOME OF HIS CREATIVE CHOICES--BURNING THE EDGES OF HIS RESUME' TO MAKE EMPLOYERS TAKE NOTICE AND CARVING PICTURES IN EVERY BAR OF SOAP I PLACED AT THE BATHROOM SINK.  AS CREATIVE AS HE ALWAYS WAS I COULDN'T GET HIM TO TIE HIS SHOES BUT THEN AGAIN HE MAY HAVE INHERITED THAT FROM HIS DAD.  KEVIN IS A LOVING AND THOUGHTFUL HUSBAND, FATHER AND SON WHO HAS SHARED HIS LOVE OF MUSIC, MOVIES AND ANIMALS WITH THE ENTIRE FAMILY.  HOWEVER,. BRINGING DUCKS AND CHICKS TO OUR HOME FOR EASTER TESTED MY PATIENCE BUT I SOON GOT OVER IT AND IT WAS ACTUALLY FUN.  WE NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL COME NEXT IN THIS WORK IN PROGRESS BUT WE CONTINUE TO ENJOY EVERY SMILE HE SHARES             
                                                   
Mom Pack ( Vilma ) :
I like so many things about Kevin it is too hard to keep this short.  Here are just a few of the things I like about Kevin.  I like how nice and thoughtful Kevin is.  He went out of his way to buy front row seats for a "Tribute to Abba" concert for Brooke, Emily, and me because we all liked the movie Mama Mia, he sent me chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day, and he is a gentleman.  Kevin is a fun loving guy and he wants everyone around him to share in the fun as well.  He is a great husband and dad.  He loves his kids and likes to do simple and fun things with them (crabs from Puerto Rico, tadpoles from the pond, and even going on treasure hunts at the junk store).  He is truly good person, honest and fair, at home and at work.  We are blessed to have him in our family. 
Dad Pack ( Allen ) :
There are many great things in Kevin.  I think he is spontaneous, fun loving, and wants to make everyone happy.  I think he is a very loving person, I see that in how forgiving he is of those around him, how he goes out of his way to be kind to you, to his children, and to everyone around him.  He does not judge others and truly lives by the philosophy of "live and let live".  I love him as if he were one of my sons, and in my heart he is just that. 

Love Dad
Brother Jeff:
My brother Kevin. My favorite thing about my brother is that if he had one dollar or a million dollars he would be the same happy person. He has the unique ability to always have a good time. Always shows you a smile even if he might not have had the best day. You know when Kevin enters a room because he brings a smile to your face every time you are in his presence.   What is amazing is most of the time you don't even realize he has done that to you. Happy Birthday bro.
Love you, 

Jeff

Sister- in -Law Tricia:
One of my favorite things about Kevin is his positive outlook on life.  He lives in the moment and enjoys life to the fullest!
He also writes a very creative and humorous best man speech!  : )  Happy Birthday Kevin!

                                                                                                                       Tricia Turano
Sister Doreen:
My favorite thing about Kevin is his ability to find joy in even the smallest moment in life. The way he listens to people with such interest and intrigue  and his youthful enthusiasm and positive outlook. He lifts my spirit when we are together.
Brother Leonard:
As one of my few biped relations he is very creative.


Sister- in- law Audrey :
Kevin is one of the most giving people I have ever met.he is always thinking of others that may not have as much as he does. Even when things may be tough for him he still seems to be thinking of others less fortunate.When we visit I always see this quality and try to remember and be like that!
Audrey

Brother- in -Law Bryant:
Kevin is a fun, kind, smart, courageous guy. He is not afraid to try anything, or befriend anyone.

Sister- in- law Amy:
From Amy - Kevin always takes an interest in the people around him. He has always seemed interested and asks about things he knows are going on in my life. It makes me feel important.

Brother- in- Law Andy:
Says he's innovative fun.

THIS IS WHAT KEVIN'S FRIENDS SAY ABOUT HIM:

Mark Mansingh:
 Kevin is my best friend. He is extremely loyal and he would do anything for me. I know if and when I needed him he would drop everything and be there for me and he has been. It is extremely rare for anyone in their lifetime to have a true friend like that. I am sooo blessed to have Kevin in my life. And he is the moat adventurous and fun person I have ever met and that's saying a lot with all the people I met. If I was stranded on a desert island he would be one of the couple a people I would wish to join me. So to sum it up he is my Wilson. :0)

Major : It is very impressive that Kevin probably has ten friends that would call him their best friend! That says something. He is honest, loyal and has a sense of humor!

John Jay :
My favorite thing about Kevin is that he is clever and unusual. ONE OF A KIND.

Terri: Kevin is fearless! He will challenge himself to anything. Even stand up comedy. I have always envied his fearlessness.

Lynne Dupree: Oh my gosh- Kevin's wacky sense of humor and complete disregard of the norm makes me just LOVE him!  His freedom tour was a great example of Kevin at his best !!!!!  He thinks differently! (Steve jobs)

Mike ( Cognito ) : He is the most genuinely nice person that I have ever met. He has the ability to see things with a sense of wonder that is inspiring.

Jeremy: My favorite thing about Kevin, is everything, plus the small hair creature that lives on his head. He has a great attitude each and every day. Keep it up Slappy- Jeremy

Melissa Murphy: He is a funny, adventurous, all around great guy!
Drew Everitt: He is a good husband and Dad. He puts his family first.

Emily Everitt: Everything that Drew said, and he always comes home with something CRAZY!!!! LOL!

A note about Kevin from JIM MILNER:

Leonard has told many stories about Kevin throughout the years that have been
humorous. Although he has
never said so, I know he is proud of his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment