Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yoho, Yoho...A Pirates Life For Me

Brooke made a comment to Mrs.Cori that made her laugh.

           Brooke explained to Mrs.Cori one day while she was watching her and Will that, " We are trying to get Will off of Spiderman and onto pirates instead, because Daddy is worried that Spiderman makes Will violent."

Mrs.Cori said it sounded like Will had some sort of addiction to Spiderman, and he was using it like a drug....and that Brooke was trying to be supportive of the much needed change.....
               Well Will for sure does have some sort of Spiderman addiction.....
                         and I don't think this addiction is what causes Will to want to fight all the time....
                               I just think Will is a boy.....

But, I loved the excuse to get Will some fun new little boy toys, in order to peak his interest in other areas...and I did exactly that this summer....

We started watching Jake and the Never Land Pirates and Will loved it. For me, it brought back the memories of my older brother playing almost daily that I was Peter Pan, he was Captain Hook and Amy was his sidekick Smee....

It is super fun to play pirates with Will just like I played as a kid with my siblings.Will plays Jake, the Never land Pirate, Kevin plays Captain Hook, Brooke plays Tinkerbell and of course I play the very practiced role I had ever since I was probably six-years old, Peter Pan. We hide the treasure and of course Hook wants to find it, then the sword battles begin and it always ends with someone walking the plank.....

I have to admit that as cute as what I found Brooke and Will doing in her room the other day was, I was kind of irritated for a second....
             Here I had bought a whole new collection of toys for Will this summer that are pirate themed, and Brooke entertained Will for an entire hour while sitting at her desk, in her room, with Will sitting on a chair beside her, as she drew little pirate people on paper and cut them out for Will. They literally did this for an hour. Then she collected all the little paper people and put them in a bag for Will.

Will loved these paper " pirates " so much that he actually slept in bed with them the night she made them for him. He loved one in particular so much that he held it in his hand in his bed. I said, " Will you have to put the pirate in the bag while you sleep." He said, " No, I just want to sleep with my pirate, in my car bed."

So I let him......I laughed and snapped a pic when he fell asleep...

Grandma pack got Will a very exciting gift a few days ago...He has been wearing it everyday since she gave it to him...When Will saw the Jake and the Never Land Pirate costume that she handed him Will said, " Wow, is that Jake's costume? " Grandma said, " It's for you to be Jake." He said, " Thank you, this is my Jake Halloween costume." He had a huge smile on his face when we took him to the mirror so he could see himself....

                             Will also requested a paper sack moster as she was drawing him pictures
                                He fell asleep with his favorite paper " pirate " in his hand that night
                                           He has 100 pirate's gold pieces....We have counted
                                                   You can never have too many swords
                                   Will sings, " YoHo, YoHo, " all the time as we drive in the car
                   If he hits anyone with a sword it gets taken away...so he always holds on tight....
                                       Grandma Pack and Will as " Jake the Never Land Pirate "

No comments:

Post a Comment