Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pause For Breaking News - Baby Bunnies

Pause Trip to Austin For Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If I look exhausted, it is because I am.....



On Monday morning as I was about to walk out the door to get Will to pre-school....I heard a squeak like the sound of a mouse. I thought....that can't be the bunnies? It was coming from a closet specially designated for them. My kind and patient husband specially built a double- decker cage that would fit right into the closet that used to only have a litter box in it. Now it has a litter box and bunnies in it. I went into the bunny closet and six baby bunnies were in the back of the cage!!! I was shocked!!! 



We did plan to start a bunny family after Brooke and Will were fighting over the one bunny- we got another and opted for the sex that would allow for babies.  Brooke threw it them a wedding...but the female bunny ran away and cried like a baby when we put her with the male - so we didn't think the relationship was going to work for them? 

                                                                     ( Brooke planned a bunny wedding for these two and actually made this bunny a dress and gave invitations to neighbors and Grandpa and Grandma Pack )

We didn't know she actually did get pregnant! Suddenly six baby baby bunnies were in her cage and their little legs were falling through the wires of the cage that the poop falls into. 

I called Kevin and he said the surprise and shock in my voice was like I had seen a ghost. 

I didn't know what to do!!!?!!! 




 So....I went and picked Brooke up from school because I could not handle not having her with me there to enjoy the excitement and surprise, and also Brooke was the one whom had been  re-searching and reading all kinds of bunny books! I rushed to Brooke's school... I could not wait to see the huge smile on her face when I would tell her that she was a bunny Mamma. She started jumping up and down. I suppose the front office at the school knew something was up because children don't jump up and down when their Mom has picked them up for a dentist appointment ;)









I am so thankful for the prayers that have been answered regarding these bunnies. We lost two of them and I truly know prayers were heard because I happen to be at Pets Mart at the same time as a bunny rehabilitator whom has given me baby bunny formula and has taught me how to hand feed the babies. 

I have compassion for busy busy new Moms and Moms with many children this week because these babies only need to be kept warm and fed. They don't cry, need diaper changes or need to be held a lot. 

I have felt responsible for these helpless animals that my God created and allowed to be a joy and food for us. He has most definitely heard my prayers and prayers of those close to me as the four bunnies seem to be doing well now!!!! 

What a miracle and a blessing that new life is, even baby bunnies have reminded us all of that! 

Ps. Major kudos to Kevin whom stays up way late anyways but this time has been holding baby bunnies in the middle of the night with me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment