Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weakness Become Strengths

As Kevin and I drove home from our date last Friday, our convarsation turned to the recent struggles that he has watched me face, with all of my pain and discomfort.  As we talked the sympathy that I have had for my family having to experience all these things, along side me, dissipated. The sympathy turned to sheer gratitude for these trials. I realized that a month of neck pain so intense that I couldn't even sit down, is completely worth the empathy that we now have in our hearts, for the suffering people of the world. The numb hands and feet causing uncontrollable worry that I had some disease, opened our eyes to those who have actually been diagnosed with a life changing, or life threatening disease. Our hearts mourn for every person who is sick and our desires to help those in need, have now taken the forefront of our priorities. The debilitating burning and aching that causes me to not be able to carry my baby, or a heavy diaper bag is nothing to mourn for, when I have the great blessing to just be here on this earth with my healthy and beautiful children. We recognize what a precious gift that life in general, is to all of us living and experiencing here on earth.What a gift to be here on this beautiful earth, and to get to take part in God's plan by coming here to be tested. To learn self control by controlling our emotions. To learn how to give unselfishly, even though it is not our nature to do so. What a gift to experience love, and family relationships, that teach us to be more Christ-like, if in fact, we want those relationships to flourish. What a gift just to see the beauty of nature with our eyes, and to hear music, and to walk and enjoy the taste of food. Kevin and I are forever changed, and we will never see human beings in the same way.  Kevin said, that the kindness he has seen my family, church friends, and the Relief Society women show to us, has made him want to help others in need, more than he has ever felt and he clarified again that it has changed him. The Lord gives us trials so that we might learn, and become more like him, if we respond to the trials correctly.These are a few scriptures that I am reminded of:

Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble: and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.



(My all time favorite scripture, since I was twelve years old )

Mosiah 3:19

For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek , humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

My hands have gotten a little better with the steroid, and I have become accustomed to the life changes in the way I can do things. My foot is still numb 90 percent of the day, but I just try not to worry about it much. My weakness has improved quite a bit. My neck only hurts a few days out of the week. So there is much improvement for me! Prayers are heard, and no matter the end result, we have so many blessings, our family is better from this experience.
            We found a little gem in McKinney that has awesome live music. Its our new date night scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment