Friday, May 11, 2012

Our Favorite Things About Emily or Happy Birthday!

Our Favorite Things About Emily, From Kevin
Kevin - One of my favorite things (one of many) about Emily is her amazing energy.  If you ever plan on going to Disney World with Emily, you'd better start training for the event, when the gates open I think Emily hears a gun go off because the race is on.  When you get back from the trip you will need a vacation.  Emily has the ability to channel this energy into whatever she wants at whatever moment.  This is a woman who has so much energy that one day, after drinking a half of a Red Bull, we had to drive her to the emergency room.  Caution: NEVER FEED EMILY CAFFEINE!  (Fortunately she was able to calm down before getting admitted!)  If she were a cartoon character she would be the Tasmanian Devil.  If she was a super hero she would be Iron Man (picturing the energy chestplate) At times I have scratched my head in bewilderment, particularly back when she had a horrible diet.  As she gets older, I see her learning how to channel this wonderful energy in healthier ways and this is very exciting to see what she comes up with next.  There is indication that she is learning how to have some down time and this is good - I don't want her to get injured again.   ...Iron Man?!!  How about Ironwife?!!  Ironmom?  Ironbestfriend?!! I truly dont know how she does it all!  I hope our awesome children have this wonderful energy!

Brooke - I like to play with you!  I like to go shopping with you too!  Love, Brooke

Dad Pack - There are many things I like about Emily. I have always loved Emily's smile. Even when she was a little girl she would get excited and smile about some of the simplest things in life, animals, flowers, and experiences.
She loves with a passion, her animals, her friends, her children, her husband, her siblings, her parents, and the Lord.
As Emily has matured I have seen her faith in God grow to be strong and firm.
I like that she wants to be close to her family and that she wants Will and Brooke to be close to their grandparents. She thinks grandparents are important to children.
Most of all, I am thankful she is my daughter.


Mom Pack - I like a lot of things about Emily. Will be hard to mention all of them since she has lots of good qualities. Emily is a very caring loving person. When she was little she had a cat named Kitty she treated her like she was her baby always making sure she was safe and cared for. Now that she is a mom , she devotes her life to take care of Brooke and Will. She teaches them to love our Heavenly Father and to love others like Jesus said we should and she does this not only by telling them that's the way they should be or reading the scriptures with them and taking them to church but by her example of serving others and being kind, forgiving and charitable with those around.
I like that she likes to workout, shop and do girly things. She is a very fun person, gets excited about doing fun things with her family. I like that Emily doesn't take for granted her blessings and if you something for her or her family she always says thank you. And she is always quick to say sorry if she thinks she has offended you in any way. I am so proud to be her mother.
Her family is blessed that she is the mom of their family. I am so glad Emily and her family live in Mckinney where we can see her often.  Sorry this is so long... I could go on and on, but I won't.



Audrey - Emily is the sparkle to life. Her laugh us contagious and her smile is too. She is fun loving. One of my favorite things though is her deepest desire to do good, to love others, and to think about others feelings. She is very empathetic and compassionate.
She is zealous in her desire for happiness, not just hers but her children her husband and all her family. She is fervent about seeking happiness. If ever anyone was going to find true happiness she probably will because of her fervent determination. Emily thank you for your sparkly, fervent zealous desire for all of us to be happy! I love you!


Bryant - One of my favorite things about Emily is when she gets her crazy sense of humor going.  I often remember and smile about when she was running around a hotel pretending to be a spy.  That fun loving attitude is contagious, in fact Emily has a gift so that her influence rubs off on others often.  What she feels spreads, and her cheer, energy, enthusiasm and humor spread like a sweet aroma to add zest to the lives around her.  She also has cultivated her deeper side, being able to be serious about serious things, but lighthearted about fun and light things.  She has given a great part of herself to her family and I admire her dedication to those people and ideals she has put in first place in her life.
Amy - My favorite thing about Emily is that she is always concerned about the people around her. She wants her family to stay close and takes time to let other people know what she appreciates about them. She has a great laugh that makes other people around her feel like laughing too. She loves the gospel and tries hard to learn and teach others what she knows. She is a good mom who always wants to teach her children and help them enjoy life. She is a good sister and friend.

Mom Turano -TODAY I LOOKED UP THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD "NICE" AND THERE YOU WERE--EMILY GAIL PACK TURANO.                                                     
TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE PERSON YOU'RE WORKING TO BECOME.  WITH YOUR JOYFUL HEART, PATIENCE AND OPTIMISTIC QUALITIES- THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO YOUR DREAMS.  YOUR SPIRIT AND LOVE OF GOD COMES THROUGH IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.  YOUR ENTHUSIASM FOR BAKING BIRTHDAY CAKES, SEWING A BEAUTIFUL APRON FOR ME, ENGAGING THE CHILDREN IN MAKING US A BIRD HOUSE AND GARDEN PLAQUE, READING AND PRAYING WITH THE CHILDREN AND THE ADVENTURES YOU SHARE WITH KEVIN- SHOW ME THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE AND PLAY.          
TODAY I WANT TO ESPECIALLY THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING ME ENOUGH TO SHARE SOME OF YOUR DEEP FEELINGS AND LIFE CONCERNS. 
OH MY!  HOW CAN I FORGET THE BLOGS?  I LOOK FOWARD TO READING THEM BECAUSE THEY BRING ME CLOSER TO YOU, KEVIN and THE CHILDREN.
HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...TODAY AND EVERYDAY...WITH LOVE, MOM TURANO


Dad Turano - a piece of work 
unusual
a true believer easy to lie to
walks on stilts
takes things very serious
a fool to put up with you
a nascar driver at heart
a cake maker 
Dad Turano - much can be said re this topic......one could write a novel ,.......a chapter ........a paragraph......... a sentence......a word...........in the years i have know you(emily) are complex and confusing individual .........with great aspirations and goals ..........a great writer of your family history ...........a person who has suffered in silence while her dim-witted husband (Kevin the chicken)) has driven hours out of their way to visit monkeys apes zebra giraffe etc... she has been kissed by ostriches....   licked by donkeys .....oh what great fun!!!!   and this was before they had the children .......can someone who loves MICKEY, WINNEY THE POOP not be a good soul........who in the world would spend their honeymoon at Disney World  --and actually spend time in the park ----this should have been a clue !!!!......emily you are a caring person with great tolerance .....you are a curiousand  ask intelligent questions and tolerate my absolute  goofy answers at times.... can you still walk on stilts???? 7"heels    wishing you the best BB  love LVD


Mary Turano and Dominic Turano - Emily is such loving and doting Mom two her children; how ironic her birthday is near Mother's Day.  We don't see her very often but she has always been a very nice and caring person.  It's nice to live vicariously through someone who has the "it" factor:  great clothes, great makeup, beautiful hair and is in great shape.  But all of those qualities pale in comparison to Emily's heart, which is filled with love and gratitude for her friends and family.  Happy Birthday, Emily!


Erin - As Emily's best friend, I could go on and on about the countless reasons that I love and admire Emily!
 According to Greek mythology, humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head, made of two faces. But Zeus feared their power and split them all in half. Condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them. This is where the origin of the term "soulmate" comes from. 
In mine and Emily's case, we were destined to be best friends. Two halves looking for our "best friend soulmate", a partner in crime, someone we will always have to carry us through the hard times, and someone to always laugh with through the great times.
I have had the blessing of having Emily in my life and my friend for over the past 16 years. We have learned from each other and grown a lot over the years. A lot of amazing memories have been made between the two of us that I will remember forever. These incude:
Froshney, being attacked by a sheep while jogging, having a woman at 7-Eleven tell us we have "nice butts", eating mustard on everything, shopping, staying up all night just talking, and I could go on and on about all of our great times together.
Over the years, as Emily has grown from a teenager into a woman it has impressed me how truly selfless and kind-hearted Emily is toward others. Emily is always wanting to help others and always sees the good in others. Emily has a passion for life and adventure that many admire and covet. I love that Emily is always wanting to do something adventurous and fun! I love that Emily is fearless and knows exactly what she wants, and goes for it.
But mostly, I love how forgiving and understanding Emily is. She is a TRUE friend. She has always forgiven me for my weaknesses and has excepted me regardless of my many flaws. She has always been there for me, even though we live hundreds of miles apart from one another. She is always sending me thoughtful cards and packages when I am have been going through a difficult time- I don't know if she realizes how much that has meant to me. Emily always does the right thing, no matter how hard it may be. She is a great example to me and to all that know her. Her example of selfless motherhood, always putting her children's needs first, has helped me be a better mom as well.  
Happy Birthday Emily! This world is truly a better place because of you. I cannot imagine my life with out you and your friendship. I love you so much and am so grateful and honored to have you as my best friend, forever!
 Love, Erin Stephenson

Holly - One of my favorite things about Emily is her gift of selflessness. She can be going through something very difficult herself, but still thinks of others constantly. I've seen her offer to babysit or take meals to people, when she in fact was the one who needed those things herself. She is amazing like that. She always thinks of ways to help others and is always genuinely kind to all she meets. Emily is simply beautiful inside and out!! I'm blessed to know her and have her as a close friend.
 Happy Birthday Emily! Love ya! hoLLy


 Terri - Emily has such a huge heart and here are a few reasons why:
Whenever she knows I'm down or one of my family members is ill, she always sends prayers and asks people to pray for us. 
She will randomly call me to tell me she and Brooke made something for me.  They are the best prizes I receive.
She will invite me over for dinner and cook the best meals.  Sometimes they are the only homemade meals I get, with my work schedule.
I don't think she realizes how much this means to me!
Emily is an amazing mother and she's raising amazing, happy children.
Emily has drive.  She strives to excel at everything she does.  She has such a wonderful competitive nature.
Emily is even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside.
Happy Birthday Emily!  You are loved!!

Melissa -My favorite thing about Emily is that she is always thinking of others.  Even when she is having a hard day she is always asking how you are doing and what you have been up to.   She is one of the nicest person I know.  I love how she thinks about others and teaches this to her children.   Happy Birthday Emily!! You deserve the best birthday ever because you're such a sweetheart!
Love always, Melissa Bryson 

Amanda - My favorite thing about Emily.... Great idea, I just love Emily!  She is a great friend, and is always thinking of others.  Emily has such a strong testimony of the gospel and I love her willingness to share it with others.  That is why she is a great missionary!  Emily has a lot of fun in her life and enjoys doing exciting, new things with her friends and family.  I love this about her- how she surrounds herself with positive, uplifting, and fun people.  She is always putting her family first, which is so important and she is great at it.  I'm so glad I was asked to be her visiting teacher several years ago.  Otherwise I might not have gotten to really know her!  She truly is an impressive woman.  Happy Birthday Emily!!


Kristina H - Such a great idea since there are so many things to love about Emily. It's amazing to think that I have only known her for a short time but I feel like we have been friends for a long time. She is one of the strongest people I know. Emotionally and spiritually. She is such a good example to me of a very focused person with drive and ambition and a strong devotion to her husband and family. She is a great mother and I admire her so much for that. She is so easy to talk to and so accepting of others.  She has a fun personality and is so genuine. I feel like I can open up to her and tell her anything. She is a great listener. I am so grateful to have met her and call her my friend. She has helped me so much with my transition and move to tx! I feel Like we are meant to be friends and I am so grateful for that! Happy birthday Emily! You deserve a happy happy day filled with love and laughter. You Better get spoiled rotten too :) lol. Thanks for everything that makes you you! You are amazing!! Love ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment