Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Brooke and the Ocean

While in Mexico it was clear to me how much Brooke loves the ocean. Watching Brooke in the water was beautiful to see. Brooke feels completely comfortable even scuba diving! Brooke and I had slipped away to swim in a different pool than usual. A scuba instructor approached us and asked if we wanted to try scuba diving? I have always been afraid to try diving because I remembered my Mother taking a course and deciding not to finish because " you can die ". I was nervous to try and asked if we could snorkel in the pool instead? By the time that I finished getting the gear on, Brooke was gone.... she apparently figured it out all on her own. The instructor thought she must have done it before. Well, I thought I was going to get away without diving, but he talked me into trying diving. Once again by the time he had set me up, and calmed my fears a bit, Brooke was gone! She was diving 20 feet in front of myself and the instructor whom was holding my hand, having to lead me along!!!

As Brooke and I came up from the 15 min.  dive in the pool, I was ready to buy us a dive excursion...
Just then Uncle Jeff whom unknowingly witnessed me having to be coaxed and led hand in hand, while Brooke was independent and a natural, said, " Don't buy anything, I am getting us a private guide for snorkeling and parasailing off a catamaran."

Of course Brooke was applauded by Uncle Jeff for her natural skills, and I was teased for abandoning Brooke for my date around the pool scuba diving. Haha! 😉

On the day of Brooke's first ocean snorkeling experience.....

Brooke was impressive....

Brooke did say , " Mommy, I am scared."

I said, " That's normal" ..and before I could grab her hand she had jumped into the ocean before me!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment