Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Lighting the World


This Christmas Season The First Presidency of our most cherished church ( The Church of Jesus Christ, of Latter-day Saints ) gave all of us as members a challenge " To light the world ".

#LIGHTtheWORLD

In Matthew chapter five it says, " Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." ( Vs.14-16 )

This challenge goes wonderfully with my little tradition that I have made for my children at Christmas and Easter time. For the past seven years each Christmas and Easter my children and I make paper tissue flowers, and then choose a Sunday afternoon  to go deliver them to the sad and down trodden in a nursing home. We sing carols, give them hugs, and warm holiday wishes.

I am so thankful that as an Activity Day Leader at my church, I now have the chance to take all of the children that I am called to teach with my children, and myself, to do this wonderful act of kindness.

Truly, we are trying to do something that our Savior Jesus Christ would do, but the gift that it is to feel of the spirit of these sweet elderly individuals is a much greater gift than we give.

This year as we went around the nursing home, Will with his flower cart all stocked up, and Brooke with flowers in hand, I felt Will's and Brooke's love for these brothers and sisters of ours even stronger than ever before.

Brooke and Will are great leaders in this activity because they have been doing it for so long.

I feel gratitude that I can't hardly express that I have the chance to teach Father's precious children the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that they show me more than anything how I can be like my Savior as I teach them and love them.








No comments:

Post a Comment